On The Trail is a shop hop in which quilt shops participate in festivities and prize drawings for visitors during a set period. During that time, these shops are exciting places to visit. Each shop designs a free original pattern that will be on display and given to shop hop participants. Most shops also have sales, games, and additional prizes. The shops span a circular route of about 600 miles throughout Idaho, Wyoming, and Utah. To take part, just purchase a passport at any of the participating shops any time after mid-March, and have it stamped at each shop you visit before the last day of Shop Hop.
2019 theme: Tales on the Trail! Each shop has designed an original sewing project pattern that will be debuted on the first day of Shop Hop and available for free to shop hop participants.
- mid-March – Passports available for purchase in shops
- Tuesday, April 16, 2019 – Shop Hop Begins
- Sunday, April 28, 2019 – Last day of Shop Hop and last day to turn in passports
- Monday, April 29, 2019 – Prize Winners Drawn
HOW TO SHOP HOP:
- buy a passport at any participating shop any time after mid-March or during Shop Hop
- visit participating shops and have your passport stamped at each between April 16-28. All shops are open at least Monday-Saturday, 9am-6pm.
- pick up a free pattern at each shop, and take part in the unique experience that each shop offers
- drop off your passport at any participating shop by April 28.
- if you win a prize, pick it up at your local shop once you are notified
- Super Grand Prize: New sewing machine! Visit all shops to be eligible.
- Grand Prize TBA
- First Prize of $150 in gift certificates and 110 fat quarters, a gift certificate and FQ bundle from each of 6 shops. Visit all shops to be eligible.
- Second Prize of $150 in gift certificates and 110 fat quarters, a gift certificate and FQ bundle from each of 6 shops. Visit all shops to be eligible.
- Shop-Donated Prize Baskets, each valued at $100. Visit all shops to be eligible.
- Dozens of incredible gift baskets of fabric and goodies provided by your favorite fabric and notions companies. Visit at least [all but 1] shops to be eligible.
- Passport holders need to be present inside the shop to have their passport stamped. One stamp per person. Must be 18 to win. Spouses can carry passports too!
- Passports with each shop’s stamps will be entered into the Super Grand Prize, Grand Prize, 1st, 2nd Prize, and shop prize basket drawings. All passports with [all but 1] or more stamps will be entered to win the remaining prize basket drawings.
- Your passport must be filled out and signed in order to receive a stamp and be eligible for the prize drawings. Only the person named on the passport can have it stamped.
- Free patterns available only to passport holders.
- Passports CANNOT be stamped before Tuesday, April 16.
LOCAL DISCOUNTS FOR SHOP HOPPERS: