On The Trail is a shop hop in which 11 quilt shops participate in festivities and prize drawings for visitors during a set period. During that time, these shops are exciting places to visit. Each shop designs a free original pattern that will be on display and given to shop hop participants. Most shops also have sales, games, and additional prizes. The shops span a circular route of 607 miles throughout Idaho, Wyoming, and Utah. To take part, just purchase a passport at any of the participating shops any time after mid-March, and have it stamped at each shop you visit before the last day of Shop Hop.
2017 theme: Adventures on the Trail! Each shop has designed an original sewing project pattern that will be debuted on the first day of Shop Hop and available for free to shop hop participants.
- mid-March, 2017 – Passports available for purchase in shops
- Friday, April 21, 2017 – Shop Hop Begins
- Saturday, April 29, 2017 – Last day of Shop Hop and last day to turn in passports
- Monday, May 1, 2017 – Prize Winners Drawn
HOW TO SHOP HOP:
- buy a passport at any participating shop any time after mid-March or during Shop Hop
- visit participating shops and have your passport stamped at each between April 21-29. All shops are open at least Monday-Saturday, 9am-6pm.
- pick up a free pattern at each shop, and take part in the unique experience that each shop offers
- drop off your passport at any participating shop by April 29.
- if you win a prize, pick it up at your local shop once you are notified
- Super Grand Prize of your choice of a Sewing Machine OR a Quilt Retreat for 8 at your choice of two retreat locations. Visit all 11 shops to be eligible.
- Grand Prize of your choice of sewing furniture & accessories valued at $1,499.
- First Prize of $150 in gift certificates and 110 fat quarters, a gift certificate and FQ bundle from each of 6 shops. Visit all 11 shops to be eligible.
- Second Prize of $125 in gift certificates and 100 fat quarters, a gift certificate and FQ bundle from each of 5 shops. Visit all 11 shops to be eligible.
- 12 Shop-Donated Prize Baskets, each valued at $100. Visit all 11 shops to be eligible.
- Dozens of incredible gift baskets of fabric and goodies provided by your favorite fabric and notions companies. Visit at least 10 of the 11 shops to be eligible.
- Passport holders need to be present inside the shop to have their passport stamped. One stamp per person. Must be 18 to win. Spouses can carry passports too!
- All passports with 11 stamps will be entered into the Super Grand Prize, Grand Prize, 1st, 2nd Prize, and shop prize basket drawings. All passports with 10 or more stamps will be entered to win the remaining prize basket drawings.
- Your passport must be filled out and signed in order to receive a stamp and be eligible for the prize drawings. Only the person named on the passport can have it stamped.
- Free patterns available only to passport holders.
- Passports CANNOT be stamped before Friday, April 21.
LOCAL DISCOUNTS FOR SHOP HOPPERS: